Lanolin is a valuable raw material which is used in cosmetics and pharmaceutics. Because sheep are treated with pesticides against pests, these pesticides can also occur in lanolin.
Since long time the residue analysis of lanolin is a key element of our work, which also leaded to many publications.
The regulations by law are described in the Pharma Euro (Ph. Eur.) and in the U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP).
We can perform analyses on following parameters:
- Pesticides according to Ph. Eur. and USP
- Diflubenzuron & Triflumuron
- Detergent residues
- Water absorbent capacity
- Free lanolin alcohols
- Heavy elements and other elements according to ICH Q3D
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- Stearyl- und Cetylalcohol
- Acid value
- Peroxide value
- Iodine value
- Acidic or basic water soluble substances
- Water soluble oxydizable substances
- Loss on drying
- Plasticizers (Phthalates)
- Identity A and B according to Ph. Eur.
- Saponification value
- Melting point
For requests please do not hesitate to contact us.